Mac House

not scandalous, just weird

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Summer Fun

i have 4 pages of a paper left to edit, but these are the most convoluted pages, hence i cannot bring myself to begin the arduous task. so then what better time to update you all about my happenings i ask. and of course, there is no time better than the present.

yes, i am almost finished with my semester. this paper will officially be emailed in on tuesday at which time i will do a dance of joy a la "perfect strangers," and will continue the summer of fun that i embarked upon a few weeks ago, and begin a few summer jobs to keep rent covered and my brain active. you heard correctly, i now have a few summer jobs. i will be interning with united for a fair economy, where they will be paying me peanuts-ironic isn't it? you can check them out to see what type of work i'll be doing at www.faireconomy.org. i'll also be doing some research with a research team on campus. that may be less interesting, but will certainly give me some great research experience. the best part is that they are both entirely flexible and part time.

and of course i am embarking on a trip to israel, which will include taking field notes for a professor in order to study the effectiveness of the birthright program. will i come back a full zionist? only time will tell, but me thinks no. you can always go to birthrightisrael.org to find out more about my newest religious cultlike experience. what is it with me and these things?

aside from jobs and finishing classes, i have had a chance to spend time with the fam in burlington (in fact, i'm heading there this weekend for derek's graduation). i have also had time to explore a bit more of boston, and to catch up with friends, and to realize just how boring my life really became during the semester, and how distracted school makes me. so i'm reacquainting myself with normal fun things in life. this includes meeting friends of friends, and even meeting a few interesting boy prospects. not sure if anything will come of these encounters, but one can hope...i'll keep you updated.

alas, it is now time to return to the editing. i can't wait to see you all this summer.

love, j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home