Mac House

not scandalous, just weird

Tuesday, August 19, 2003

alright y'all (that's for you greg), here is my first blog in a while. i've been keeping up with the reading, but the computer was being a bit persnickety, and then i was being a bit persnickety. or was it the other way around?

but i'm home now. i've been home since saturday afternoon. i had a bit of a crisis my first day back, big surprise there, but then i realized that was because i'd only had 5 hours of sleep the night before, before driving home. i also got reassuring voice mails and blogs, so i'm calm now.

suz and i have been palling around malone. the car is finally unpacked and my body is sore from running and weight lifting. i can't get my cavities filled here because it's going to cost $630, and my stupid portland insurance won't cover it! but, suz and i are going to burlington today, and my mom agreed to pay for us to have fancy haircuts! yes i am a fjv, non-jv now, but until this haircut happens i'm still shaggy. i'm thinking of growing my hair out to about bern's length, but keeping the layers and the curl. feedback?

so life has been good so far. my boredom hasn't kicked in yet, but suz is leaving me tomorrow for texas and then burlington and then it's just me and my 'rents. and they don't seem to appreciate my antics nearly as much as you all and suzanne do. and there is no one in Malone, i mean NO ONE! but i know there will be plentiful trips to burlington. not to mention potsdam, where my friend dan shu (airport guy) will be for a few weeks before heading back to upenn, to finally finish his BA. but speaking of boredom, for all of you who claim that you are experiencing this, have you been reading what you write? doesn't sound boring in the least to me kids. you lie!

other plans now include continuing to look for jobs in chicago while hanging out in malone (a micropolitan area of aproximately 11,000 according to a local newspaper article). i have filled out a substitute teaching application and apparently those are in high demand in the area and it pays well ($70/day), so hopefully that will help sustain the bank account and allow me to make a deposit on an apartment in chicago in the fall. as well as allow me to gallavant to nyc sometime in september. i looked into flights and can fly jet blue round trip for 90 dollars! but if i drive then i can see Uncle Arthur and take a train in, and maybe stop in philly after. S and A, you really should meet the old Ant Eater.

i think i've rambled for long enough now. i'd love to talk to you each sometime soon. i'll be at j and d's tonight, but if you call me when i'm at my parents- 518-483-2341 - i'll call you back because they have flat rate long distance, which is really a lovely thing to have.

like anthony, i am now hungry, so i go eat breakfast now. more soon.

love you and miss you,
j. lo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home