Mac House

not scandalous, just weird

Monday, December 20, 2004

what a day!

well, let me first say, i love the monkey picture. it is the new backdrop on my computer. fantastic!

what else is going on? well, it is not quite 12:30 and i have already had quite an eventful day here in burlington. i just sent my final paper in last night, and now i have my first real day of freedom. my freedom started last night with indian food, "chasing liberty" and "love actually." very nice indeed. then, my first real day of freedom started with a 7:45 am phone call from suz saying she had been in a car accident, that she was ok, but her car was undrivable. so, in this lovely, balmy, snowy, -8 degree weather, i cleaned off the car, and picked my darling, unhurt sister up and brought her to school. then i stopped to pick derek up from the tire place, where he dropped his car off in a timely manner for new snow tires.

after a quick kibbutz with jennie, in which she showed me the hideously ugly pink and green comforter my mom had bought for suz for christmas, i ran back to suzanne's to pick up her little three legged pup ella. ella was soundly sleeping in bed still, and we were ready to start the day.

then, as we were about to leave, i realized that ella had chewed the hell out of my ipod cable-bad ella. then i realized that the lovely indian food from the night before had not only stained the counters, but had leaked all over my new fleece coat. ugg. so, i went to the restaurant to ask them to double bag take out from now on and to inquire if they knew of any good cleaning mechanism for curry (that was still greasy on my coat!!!). they said bleach. BLEACH!!! that won't work. they were not helpful at all.

so, i headed to jennie and derek's for some solace, when jennie called to say they were taking baxter to the doctor cause his face was all red. thankfully they left the door unlock, as i swaggered up to the house carrying a bag full of greasy coat, ella's bag of goodies, my backpack and ella herself, the little monster. i wasn't in the house for more than 5 minutes, when duncan began attacking little ella and wouldn't let up. what a friggin day!!! i'm ready to go to sleep, but i've yet to get my christams shopping done. aye yie yie ( i have no idea how to spell that).

ahh, but i feel a bit better after that little rant. i guess i'm going to try and enjoy my break now.
hope you all are well. i'l talk to you soon.

shannon, sorry i haven't called you back yet. it was a busy weekend. hopefully we can catch up soon. i'm heading ot malone tomorrow, so some down time is on its way.

love, grumpy julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home